Colombia Travel Operator provides insurance with each of the services provided. This insurance is valid under the following conditions:
- The client must provide Colombia Travel Operator with their passport number at least 8 days prior to beginning the tour. If the number is not received within that time frame, the company will not be responsible for any accident during the service provided.
- Insurance coverage is only valid during the time of service provided by Colombia Travel Operator.
- In the case of an accident, the insurance will cover costs up to 25,000,000 COP (approximately $7,600 USD).
We highly recommend that clients purchase travelers insurance in their country of origin for protection in the event of cancellation, loss of luggage, medical emergencies, and other potential risks.
Medellín, Bogotá & Cartagena Day tours
Cancellations received 36 hours prior to the start of the tour will receive a full refund. Cancellations received less than 36 hours prior to the start of the tour are non-refundable. No-shows are charged full price.
Multi-day tours throughout Colombia
Our multi-day tours do not include airline tickets. The airfare that we provide in our quotes is an approximate price. The value of the airline ticket must be paid 100% in advance and is not refundable. In the event of changes to domestic flights, the penalties and fees imposed by the airline will be passed onto the client.
Colombia Travel Operator is not responsible in any way for the loss, damage, or theft of luggage under any circumstance. We recommend that each passenger personally oversee the handling, loading, and unloading of their own luggage.
Changes made by the client
Up until your reservation is confirmed, you may make any necessary changes free of charge. In the case of a change after reservation confirmation, Colombia Travel Operator will assess the price at the time of change, which may differ from the originally established amount.
All services are prepaid, without exception. Passengers may cancel their trip or activity at any time. However, Colombia Travel Operator reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee. The fees are as follows:
- 6 days or less prior to the tour: 100% cancellation fee (hotel reservations are non-refundable)
- 7-10 days prior to the tour: 50% cancellation fee
- 11-15 days prior to the tour: 30% cancellation fee
- 16 days or more prior to the tour: 10% cancellation fee (administrative rate)
In order to cancel your trip, please contact our travel consultants at email@example.com. The refund will appear on the credit card used to make the reservation or to a PayPal account within 10 days of confirmation of cancellation.